Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Two Weeks

You know how time can fly and crawl all at the same time?


I can't believe our little girl is two weeks old already.



On the other hand, I can't imagine life without her. Has it only been two weeks?



Too state the obvious, we have enjoyed the last two weeks.



The new baby adjustments have went smoother than I ever expected. It had been five years since we had a newborn in our home. Then our oldest child had just turned five. Now our oldest is nine. What a difference. I have trustworthy babysitters on call at all times. She barely gets laid in bed during daylight hours. I can get a shower or take a nap without one ear cocked open for a baby cry.



Not that we are hearing many cries. Ed says this is our best baby yet, and I agree, though I keep thinking that I shouldn't expect this to last. At night she wakes up and makes some grunting noises when it is time to eat, then goes right back to sleep after being fed.

Even if she does turn into a fussy baby eventually, it has been wonderful to have a content baby these first weeks.


And for all those who have asked...we did not have our baby at home. I know, the photos from the birth announcement post look like they were taken at home, and they were. We always ask for early discharge and since the birth had went very well, I was able to come home just after noon, almost 12 hours after her birth. I love to be able to rest in my own home.



Thanks again for all your well wishes and prayers for our family. Please keep praying that we can raise these dear children for the glory of God.

12 comments :

  1. What a precious time in your life. When we had our last child, our oldest was a girl, also 9 years old. She was such a blessing to me. That youngest baby was basically "her baby". She loved to change diapers and rock him. To this day they are the closest of our children. She is 34 and he is 25 and although she lives in Oregon and he lives in Japan, they talk constantly. We're very thankful for Skype, facetime and email!

    I know you're enjoying this precious time. I'm thankful that she is a good baby for you.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are all gorgeous! And very much in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Gina, Thanks for the sweet little pictures of her! Wish I could hold her! My daughter is expecting her 5th child this year! Looks like I will get to go to Florida again :)
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is quite beautiful! So glad that all is going smoothly for you and your family.

    Kathie in SC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome beautiful baby!! Heart hugs and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, she is so cute! I was just telling my husband that if we had a 5th child, our youngest would be 3 years old by that time... and it'd be much different then when we had our other 4 kids in 4 years. It sounds like a different world! And I'm thankful to hear your delivery went smooth... after a traumatic homebirth, we deeply understood the safety of hospitals/medical professionals and the blessing of healthy babies and mamas! We chose the hospitals for the other 3. :) Glad to hear you are enjoying this time with all those newborn snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire all those who have home births. My husband prefers the hospital, so that is what we do. And I have been blessed with a terrific midwife and very good hospital birth experiences. We all need to choose what is best for each of us!
      Gina

      Delete
  7. Oh she is so precious. Congrats on your new little blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember talking with a couple a few years ago who had 8 children and one on the way! They agreed that "It's actually easier having 8 children than 3. The older children help with the little ones" Your helpers look as captivated with the new little addition as their parents are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! She's just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh congratulations to you all. She is beautiful. Looks just like her mommy.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails