Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole




On the rare morning that I prepare a breakfast casserole, I wonder why I don't do it more often. It is so nice to have a casserole to slide in the oven with no prep - especially the past months when I'm trying to feed the baby and make breakfast at the same time.

This recipe is a variation of a couple other recipes and a winner at our house.

Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole

12 slices of bread
8 oz cream cheese, softened
8 eggs
2 cups milk
2-3 T honey
2 cups blueberries
nutmeg

In greased 9x13, layer bread. I use one whole loaf of homemade bread, cutting it in six pieces and wedging in the pan. Spread cream cheese over the entire top of the bread. Mix eggs, milk, and honey. Pour over bread. Sprinkle blueberries and nutmeg. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, uncovered.

Watch happy faces surround your table.

11 comments :

  1. This sounds great! It will be just the thing when my grandsons stay over again. They always request blueberry pancakes, so I think they'd like this. It would be easier on grandma for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I hate making blueberry pancakes. They make such a bigger mess than even regular pancakes. A casserole is so much easier.
      Gina

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious! I plan to try this recipe next week for my husband's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks so yummy! I'm out of blueberries now but I'd like to try it when i have them again. a note on blueberry pancakes: the easiest way i've found to make them is to simply sprinkle the blueberries onto the pancake before i flip it. they still take longer to fry, but that works better for me than stirring the berries into the batter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks and sounds super yummy. If you were not going to use homemade bread what kind of bread would you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. Gina,

    I am a conservative christian and I came across your tutorial on how to make a cape dress. I am just learning to sew and purchased CLP's book on sewing a cape dress. I have everything ready and have the bodice sewed together like you explained, except that I want to set in the sleeves and I cannot figure out how to set them in if the cape is in my way. How can I sew the sleeves without messing up with the bodice?

    Blessings in Christ,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just fold back the cape out of my way to sew in the sleeves into the bodice. Hope that makes sense. Drop me an email if you need more help.
      Gina

      Delete
  6. Mrs. Gina,

    I did it! I was able to make a nice cape dress, the first one I have ever made and worn! I really liked the modesty it afforded me! Thank you for the sewing tips on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kezia-
      That is great! Thanks for letting me know that the directions were helpful.
      Blessings,
      Gina

      Delete
  7. ooooh, this looks good. I make an overnight French toast, but it doesn't have cream cheese. I will try this! I even set my assembled casserole in the oven overnight with the time bake set for breakfast time and it's such a treat to wake up to a good-smelling house. Now, I know that such a thing worries food-safety people but I am much more old-fashioned about it and never had a problem. And feeding a baby and trying to get big kids out the door to school means I am looking for every morning shortcut I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks easy and delicious. I plan on trying it maybe this weekend. I think this would also be good with strawberries. Thank you for sharing your recipe and your beautiful family. Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails